The Benefits of Using PGRs on Lawns
- Reduced Mowing: PGRs slow down the growth of the grass, which means you spend less time mowing.
- Improved Drought Tolerance: By redirecting the plant’s energy from vertical growth to root development, PGRs can make your lawn more resilient in times of water scarcity.
- Enhanced Appearance: PGRs can result in a denser, more even turf with enriched color.
How To Apply Plant Growth Regulators
- Read and Understand the Label: The product label contains critical information including the recommended rate of application, safety precautions, and recommended rates depending on your grass type.
- Check Weather Conditions: It’s best to apply PGRs when the weather is calm with little to no wind, and when no rain is expected for at least 24 hours. This ensures that the PGRs won’t be blown away or washed off before they can be effective.
- Calibrate Your Sprayer: Use a quality sprayer and make sure it’s calibrated correctly. This is crucial for applying the correct amount of PGR evenly across the lawn. (I’ve included a sprayer calibration video at the end of this email)
- Mixing PGRs: Certain grass types can slightly yellow when first getting used to PGR’s. Personally, I always add a liquid iron product to help prevent this problem. Enhance Liquid Iron
- Can you mow before or after the application? Don’t mow your lawn 6 hours either side of applying PGR. So don’t mow 6 hours before or 6 hours afterward. If possible wait 24 hours to mow to be safe.
- When to reapply? PGRs typically need to be reapplied at certain intervals to maintain their effectiveness. You are able to calculate exactly when you need to reapply with a tool called Growing Degree Days (GDD) If you would like to calculate when to reapply, Syngeta has a calculator on their website here: GDD Calculator Alternatively you can apply every 3 weeks during the growing season and this will get you very close to the application window. If reapplication is missed, your lawn will go into “The Rebound Stage” which means that you’ll have substantial growth after the product wears off.
Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about Primo Maxx, I’m more than happy to help out.